AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of designing my HT and am trying to decifer all of the PJ lingo. My room is 14 1/2 wide......by 18'8" long ( screen wall to back 4' knee wall) sloped up to either a 10' or 9' ceiling.......

I would like to have either a 109" or 125" diagonal screen.....and am leaning towards a DLP PJ......

My question is....what would be a good PJ in the $3k-4K MSRP range ......or if I can take advantage of some price drops and get a PJ that was in this range that has gone lower.....

My room has no windows.....so I can make it pitch black if needed........

Your help is greatly appreciated......

·
Registered
611 Posts
H79 if you are going to watch on the dark side. :)

SP7210 if you will be watching in ambient light. :)

You will be happy with either one. If you plan on staying in that price range.

Dale

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
For complete newbie to the hobby, I suggest spending sometime with a local dealer to learn and see first hand the differences between the two top technologies....LCD and DLP. Both have their pros and cons. Once you have narrowed down which, then decide if you want to buy local or internet. If it's local, which manf. do you have access to? If it's internet, then members can direct you to the brand (wide open) and I would rec. buying from the good ppl of AVS (that own this forum).

Ron

·
Registered
994 Posts
Neither the H79 or 7210 are in the $3,500 or less category, but are good choices. You probably need to ask this question in the Under $3,500 category to get more candidates.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Will There are a couple of places that sell the H79 at the top of his price range. The 7205 can be had in his price range and the 7210 will be afew hundred higher. Call AVS on the Optoma H77,H78DC3,H79 projectors they will work with you.

Dale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.