AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking through exactly how I'm going to permanently wire my Hitachi PJ, but am concerned about what to do if I acquire additional video sources that will take up more of a certain type of connection (i.e. component/composite/s-video) than the PJ has connectors.

So how do those of you on this forum typically do this? Do you run a wire for every video output to the PJ? Do you send the video outs through a receive or some other device? Do you use a switchbox? I've thought about using a good quality video component switchbox, but haven't found one that will allow for remote control....

Thanks for the advice,

Steve

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Steve,

I've wrestled with this very question myself. I've got the panny 75u, but that surely won't be the final projector forever in my theater space, so what to do. I've decided for now, I'm running two VGA cables to the projector. The 75u accepts component via the VGA port, so I'm set with a small breakout cable at the headend. If I ever need composite or s-video, I'll buy one of the viewsonic VB50's and convert to VGA.

As for future possibilities, I've covered myself for composite, s-video, and VGA/RGB. The only thing I haven't covered is the possibility of a projector that needs component via 3RCA. In the unlikely event that I need that, then I'll use a transcoder to get me from the RGB/VGA to the 3RCA connection.

Finally, I'm going to try and route an empty conduit to the location also, for future who knows what.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.