|Originally posted by srchu|
I am very new to this forum, I am planning on building a HT with 7.1, my room size is 10X16, can any one suggest me the good PJ with in budget less than 1500, I have HK AVR325 for my audio setup
You need to lurk around this forum and Projectorcentral.com to learn more about the different projectors. PJCentral has a great Best Of section and some great comparison reviews.
The biggest advice I would give is this:
1. Think hard about what your primary use will be for the PJ. This will be integral when deciding whether to go with the 4:3 or 16:9 PJs. All can handle the other, but the native resolution is key.
2. Don't be too afraid of rainbows, but make all efforts to see a DLP before you buy one....or at least be able to return if they bother you.
3. Make sure you leave room in budget for all peripherals, such as cables, PC upgrades (if applicable), screen, etc, etc.....
4. Pay attention to throw statistics and the size of your room....don't want to get one that doesn't work with your particular room.
5. Don't worry about the significant other....all reservations will disappear when they see it in action.
6. Take a reviews for what they are......subjective. Each has their own tastes. Some PJs have more supporters than others. Unfortunately, the X1 is the only one of the "top" bunch that can be easily found and test-ran thanks to Best Buy.
7. Finally....the most important thing to remember....
GET AN X1!!!!!!!.....BLOWS THE REST AWAY....Just kidding....Wanted to stir things up with the natives.