AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking @ the Benq 1000+, and the comparable vivitek and other 1080p PJs in the bargain pricerange... But they ALL seem to have a screen offset or whatever its called( distance from the bottom of the projector lense to the top of the screen)

I have LOW ceilings in my home theater and need a PJ that can shoot an image straight ahead. I would like to spend around $1,000

Any ideas guys ??

·
Registered
35 Posts
You are gonna have to go with an LCD - preferably one with that has lens shift. There are some LCDs with an offset as well, but from what I've seen they are 720p models. There are some DLPs with lens shift but still with some offset. DLPs with lens shift tend to be much more expensive and that feature is present on fewer models.

Hope that helps...

Ben

·
Registered
155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by illnastyimpreza /forum/post/19617582

I've been looking @ the Benq 1000+, and the comparable vivitek and other 1080p PJs in the bargain pricerange... But they ALL seem to have a screen offset or whatever its called( distance from the bottom of the projector lense to the top of the screen)

I have LOW ceilings in my home theater and need a PJ that can shoot an image straight ahead. I would like to spend around $1,000

Any ideas guys ??

Epson 8350

1 - 3 of 3 Posts