Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I tried posting this in the speakers forum and didn't get much feedback, so I thought I would try it here:

I was wondering if anyone has any experience placing two subs in the corner's (one for LFE and the other for L/R channels) and placing the floor standing tower speakers on top of the subs? Is this a no-no or will it work.

Otherwise, based on my configuration, I would have to place the towers in the corner with the subs on the inside (L sub sub R). The L/R cannot be placed in the inside as they would cover the screen.

I have tried it both ways and each has an advantage, but I want to know what others think.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Placing full range speakers in the corners will lead to problems with early reflections, which will cause problems with imaging. The other problem is many of the frequency modes will also be excited since they are at their maximum pressure at the room boundaries. As HTguy alluded to, doing so would require acoustic treatments to prevent the early reflections and minimize modal excitation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.