AVS Forum banner

Do you prefer your Bass Shaker amp near your seat or in the AV closet?

• Near seating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In AV closet

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the choice to place your Bass Shaker amp in your AV closet or behind your couch (out of view), which would you prefer?

I ask because I have read threads where people like to dial it in for a particular movie...seems like it would be easier if it was within easy reach.

My setup will have 4 Aura Pro Bass Shakers powered by a Dayton SA240 amp.

See my Basement Build in progress here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1216961

·
Registered
76 Posts
I installed 3 aura pro bass shakers into my couch and put my amp in my av closet. I was thinking the same thing as you, that i might want to adjust it from time to time during a movie. I am glad I went with the closet because after I found the sweet spot on the amp I never adjust it.

Have you ever used the aura pro shakers before?

If not your in for a treat! make sure to check out the battle scenes in the Transformer movies of the battle scenes in pearl Harbor.

I dont think i could ever go back to not using shakers.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Why do people post polls like this? What possible difference does it make how I or anyone else wants to set things up. It is your HT. How do you want it set up? If you think it is a good idea to be able to adjust things on a per movie basis, just do it. Are you worried someone will tell you that you are wrong?

·
Registered
22,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18188981

Why do people post polls like this? What possible difference does it make how I or anyone else wants to set things up. It is your HT. How do you want it set up? If you think it is a good idea to be able to adjust things on a per movie basis, just do it. Are you worried someone will tell you that you are wrong?

How do you have yours set up?

(You can vote in the poll without a response.)

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
I have mine behind my seats so I can adjust as needed.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18188981

Sometimes people need ideas.

Its not the poll that is important, its the reply explaining why we put them somewhere. Maybe he needs to know how we put them behind too?

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/18190048

How do you have yours set up?

(You can vote in the poll without a response.)

I don't have any ... yet. But when I do I will decide for myself based on my needs and requirement.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18190152

I don't have any ... yet. But when I do I will decide for myself based on my needs and requirement.

Not everyone is as confident in their own decisions as you, you are one of the lucky few

·
Registered
22,833 Posts
Ah... so this poll may be helpful for you in the future.

Let the OP get opinions without your unsubstantiated opinion and spanking.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/18190095

Sometimes people need ideas.

Its not the poll that is important, its the reply explaining why we put them somewhere. Maybe he needs to know how we put them behind too?

No disagreement on the need for ideas. But the OP didn't ask how they were installed (which would be a valid technical question not requiring a poll). Polls based on preference serve no purpose in my opinion. If the poll results showed that 90% of the respondents put the amps in the closet, but the OP really wanted to have quick and easy access to them, should he install them in the closet just because 90% of the people who responded to the poll did? I hope not.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/18190184

Ah... so this poll may be helpful for you in the future.

Let the OP get opinions without your unsubstantiated opinion and spanking.

My opinion is that the OP should decide on his wants and needs on his own without 50 people telling him what he wants and needs. Including me.

·
Registered
22,833 Posts
It's not your poll/thread/question...

Let the OP get some input, no matter your thought/opinion. There's really no harm in soliciting opinons from those that actually have the equipment.

Everything after post #2 is not helpful.

EDIT:

Except: post #5.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/18190576

It's not your poll/thread/question...

Let the OP get some input, no matter your thought/opinion. There's really no harm in soliciting opinons from those that actually have the equipment.

Everything after post #2 is not helpful.

EDIT:

Except: post #5.

I see that you haven't voted or expressed an opinion on what the OP should do. That can only mean that the only reason you are here is to argue wth me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why does everyone most always have to be an a$$ with their opinions?

A simple poll to you may not serve a purpose but it does to me. The talent level on here can certainly persuade me to do something one way versus another. Part of the reasoning behind the poll is to generate discussion as to why some prefer one way versus another as it would be simple for me to miss a technical aspect. That allows me to look at all the different ideas and decide what may work best for me before committing to the final decision. I have never had bass shakers before and didn't know if you really needed to adjust per movie or if it simply has a sweet spot like wireman suggested.

I am still pre-drywall and wanted to find out prior to running wire. I was simply trying to gather information so I can make a more informed decision on what would be best FOR ME.

As for HOW they are installed, I'm not worried about that yet. Seems pretty straightforward but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
22,833 Posts
Perhaps...

Since I don't own Bass Shakers, there was no need for me to vote or post an opinion. But, I couldn't resist attempting to defend the OP's intention(s) to solicit informed experiences.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey61 /forum/post/18191013

Why does everyone most always have to be an a$$ with their opinions?

A simple poll to you may not serve a purpose but it does to me. The talent level on here can certainly persuade me to do something one way versus another. Part of the reasoning behind the poll is to generate discussion as to why some prefer one way versus another as it would be simple for me to miss a technical aspect. That allows me to look at all the different ideas and decide what may work best for me before committing to the final decision. I have never had bass shakers before and didn't know if you really needed to adjust per movie or if it simply has a sweet spot like wireman suggested.

I am still pre-drywall and wanted to find out prior to running wire. I was simply trying to gather information so I can make a more informed decision on what would be best FOR ME.

As for HOW they are installed, I'm not worried about that yet. Seems pretty straightforward but I could be wrong.

I would actually suggest running coax and speaker wire to that location anyways. It will give you great flexbility in the future.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman /forum/post/18191062

Perhaps...

Since I don't own Bass Shakers, there was no need for me to vote or post an opinion. But, I couldn't resist attempting to defend the OP's intention(s) to solicit informed experiences.

So gallant of you. In a past life you were probably a knight in medeval times always ready to defend a lady's honor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts