AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally out and purchased rear and center speakers to go with the 2.1 system I had. I am pretty excited and like a lot of people, I am trying to decide what to do with the center channel (which is not ported). My flat panel currently sits on a TV console with was costly (over $1000) and it otherwise quite nice and solidly built. It seems to me that the best solution would be to mount the TV on the wall and place the center channel on the console. I don't want to mount the TV much higher than it is because frankly, I am not a fan at looking up at the TV.

So would I not be maximizing the sound of the center channel if it is placed on top and toward the rear of the console (22" deep)? I anticipate the speaker grill to be past the TV, with the bottom of the TV no more than an inch or two above it (purely for aesthetic reasons). I am guessing the sound will not bounce off of the TV but would it be muddied or sound boxy by the console, seeing as there will be about 15 inches of it in front? That is, I anticipate placing the speaker toward the back?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts