AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little guideance on where to place LCR ( height and width ). Ive got a 17' x 29' room where the screen is on the short wall which is bumped out 2'. My screen will be roughly 91" wide and start 42" off the floor. Ive got all the same monoprice 8" in walls to put behind my screen. My question is how high off the floor and at what spacing left to right?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
LCR's should be placed so the tweeter is at ear height when seated (typically around 40" - 42" from the floor). L&R at about 30 degrees from front row MLP.

Your screen is way too high at 42" off the floor. Recommended height for your screen is your eye height from front row is approximately 1/3 distance up from the bottom of the screen. A 91" diagonal screen is about 45" high, so if your eye height in your front row seat is 40", that 40" inch mark on your screen wall should translate to roughly 15" from the bottom of the screen. Which means you need to drop your screen about 17", so the bottom of the screen is 25" off the floor. Much better viewing experience, and you won't have a sore neck. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, im mounting above a fireplace. Compromise with the mrs. Thats as low as i can get the screen due to that fact.

I'm doing an AT screen, do i need to toe in the l and r? They are in wall 8" monoprice speakers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hmmm. Can't say I've seen a 91" AT screen above a fireplace. You said 91" wide? That is 51" high - so with a 3.5" border, the top of the screen will be 8'3" high. Have you projected a test image to show the Mrs. how high that is? I have seen pull downs that go in front of a fireplace, perhaps that's an option to lower it?

You'd have to build an angled case to toe in wall mounts, but then they'd be wall mounts that stick out from the wall. Not really designed for that. Make sure of your location before you cut 3 big holes in your wall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts