AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the JBL SCS150SI speaker system. I'm trying to decide on a good spot to place the rear speakers in this particular room. Room is ~11'x20'. I have a 32" television which runs parallel to the longest wall. The seating position is at the back wall, so there is not much room to put the rear speakers very far behind the listener.

The best solution I can come up with is putting the rear speakers on the side walls, facing toward each other. Another thing I have heard of is putting the rear speakers behind the seat, and face them up toward the ceiling. I don't think that one would be good in my situation though, because there are objects in it's path, a window, etc, so I think the first solution would be the best. Here is a drawing I made of what it would probably look like. It's not exactly to scale. The rears would be about 8 ft above the ground.

for some reason I can't get the img code to work, so here's the image address. http://web.tampabay.rr.com/zc/htsetup.gif

if you get an error, try hitting the reload button.

Anybody have some better ideas before I actually install the wall mounts?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Zack, I think your proposed setup should work fine. It is likely that you'll want the speakers up fairly high. Before you make permanent mounts, you might want to experiement with how high to place them. Might have to stack something under them for a temporary stand.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That sounds just like my room. I have the surrounds on the side walls, two feet from back wall, three feet above my listening position. I have the speakers pointed slightly towards the middle of the room. I used to get a headphone effect if they were pointing directly at eachother. If you have bipole/dipolar type indirect speakers, you might think about placing them on the back wall (if possible).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.