AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a Sharp 9000 this Christmas and I have just started to plan for the installation of the PJ and the screen.

The PJ will probably be placed at the same distance to the screen (3 meters) as the viewing seats. This will result in a approximately 75" (diagonal) screen. I think that this will be about right for this screen size.

But now to my question. How high up on the wall should the projected image be placed?

I have searched on the web but could not find any recommendations on how high the projected image should be placed on the wall.

Anybody on this nice forum who can give me any recommendations?

·
Registered
74 Posts
A rule of thumb, set the screen height so that the bottom third of the screen is at eye level when you are seated. This allows a natural and comfortable viewing position.

Regards,

Malc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean that the lower third of the screen is below eyelevel or that the center of the lower third should be at eyelevel?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan for clearing it out.

Now all that remains is to do some tests on my own.

Henrik

·
Registered
201 Posts
Don't quote me on that, as I'm still learning all this stuff, too. ;) That's my understanding of what the "rule" means, and it seems about right eye balling it on the wall...

Dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And thank you both for the help.

Henrik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.