AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Channel Master Antenna outdoors on my roof for OTA tv and it works fine most of the time. I also have a Titan Preamplifier placed on the mast and plugged into an electrical outlet outdoors about 2 feet under the antenna . Our signal is very weak and often the TV just goes off.

I read on the directions to put the preamp outdoors on the mast and power supply indoors. My boyfriend argues that it makes no difference and its probably because most people don't have outlets outdoors. The directions did not say we had a choice . . . it just stated to place it indoors.

Can placing this power supply outdoors instead of inside cause signal problems? I live in Arizona where it is very hot . . . but truthfully it happens all year round.

Thanks for your help

Gail:)

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
The location of the power supply/inserter doesn't matter as long as:

1. It is out of the weather.
2. It is connected in the proper sequence.

For further troubleshooting assistance, please provide the following: TVFool report link, exact model numbers of your antenna and amplifier (pictures if you don't have the models), aiming direction, and a summary of which particular channels are giving you isses.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
C-M's Power Insertion Module 0747 is NOT intended for Outdoor use and can be damaged by RAIN, HUMIDITY and (esp. in YOUR case) DUST ingress.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
C-M's Power Insertion Module 0747 is NOT intended for Outdoor use and can be damaged by RAIN, HUMIDITY and (esp. in YOUR case) DUST ingress.
The new versions of the Channel Master 7778 and 7777 preamps no longer use the 0747 power supply. They now have the small power supply with the separate electrical adapter that plugs in. But I still would not advise using outside because of weather conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts