AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling a Sony KW-34HD1 HDTV and am wondering if anyone in the Toronto area can suggest a place to advertise it where it will get some response. I've had it listed in the Toronto Star for almost a week and haven't had one response or question.

I'm aware this forum accepts classified ads but don't think it's practical, as the GTA is too small to garner much response.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Maybe the lack of response has to do with price rather than venue ? The used market is a different animal. Try the "Buy and Sell" or the "Triad" both have a very larger readership. This forum has MANY Canadian members. The Star is the best newspaper, but the worst advertising paper. No one I know looks at it for the classifieds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jim, I would suggest ebay.ca. When I upgraded my stereo equipment, I put my old gear up for sale. I listed the stereo as pickup only in the GTA and had at least 25 responses. I ended up selling it for a little more than my minimum reserve price.

When you think about it, with about a 4 million pop. base in Toronto and surrounding areas, you will surely garner some response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.