AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone has used the National Geographic Blu Ray movie Planet Earth to break in your TV but it's awesome. Full screen and all kinds of colors, water, plants, sun sets, ice burg's, jungles, animals. I highly recommend it if you need a break in disc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got a Samsung PN58B550.

Planned on purchasing the Planet Earth Blu Ray anyway.

Run time of the disk is roughly 9 hours. If I use this as a break in disk how long should I keep it looping for ?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I used the same thing

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just bought the planet earth blue ray collection off Ebay a few hours ago...I also got the two disk earth thing with it for like $46 total...was going for 75 and some tax off Amazon.. It looks like it will be pretty cool.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingaboard /forum/post/18290901

I just bought the planet earth blue ray collection off Ebay a few hours ago...I also got the two disk earth thing with it for like $46 total...was going for 75 and some tax off Amazon.. It looks like it will be pretty cool.

Costco has it for $34.99

·
Registered
95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock9174 /forum/post/18292146

walmart wants $49 on their site

Best Buy $79.99

Yes, you are correct for the Planet Earth series but not the

The BBC Earth Collection (Planet Earth / Earth: The Biography) [Blu-ray] (2008)

The Collection includes Planet Earth plus two additional discs which are in 'Earth, the Biography.' The additional discs are $33 on amazon plus the $49 for Planet Earth plus tax for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingaboard /forum/post/18294356

The one Costco has isn't even close to the "Planet Earth" blu-ray collection. It is a totally different series

Yes it is. You are looking at their website, which is completely different from the B&M stores. Both costcos near me have this

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-C...8341595&sr=8-2

for $34.99. I just bought it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Is it considered as good a break-in disc as one made for burn-in. I have Planet Earth BBC that I could run on my PS3 in 1080P and just save the money on a pro disc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discovery Channel store has it ocassionally for $25. It's an awesome piece of work. The next series, LIFE, starts in the 3rd week of March. It focuses more on..uh...life on our planet.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavidch /forum/post/18296139

Care to share where you are?

I will go to my B&M Costco(s) asap and see if I can get this deal as well.

Vista, CA. I know the Carlsbad location has it for this price as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Struck out at Walmart today. They only carried "Galapagus" Island Blu-Ray for $10 and Natures most Amazing Stories for $15. Both from BBC network.

Bummer no Planet Earth. Hate to pay Best Buy's $79 price tag.

Anyone know if Sam's Club carries it in store ?

·
Registered
95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock9174 /forum/post/18303304

Struck out at Walmart today. They only carried "Galapagus" Island Blu-Ray for $10 and Natures most Amazing Stories for $15. Both from BBC network.

Bummer no Planet Earth. Hate to pay Best Buy's $79 price tag.

Anyone know if Sam's Club carries it in store ?

get it on amazon for $50 then

1 - 17 of 17 Posts