AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched this one last night (I get mine a little early).

Nice two disc affair. Second disc containing the usual extras.

Both sound (DTS) and image are superb in on this DVD.

While EE is present it is by no means excessive as in some dvd's of late.

I sat down thinking I probably wont think much of this (you know how it is with remakes of classics) but I must say that I thouroughly enjoyed this movie and of particular note was Charlton Hestons cameo appearance which seemed to give Tim Burtons film a touch of authenticity.

Very nice package indeed.

Eric

·
Registered
819 Posts
This is one disk I am looking forward too. I liked the movie alot and can't wait for the dvd.....

Thanks for the early review....

Rhett

·
Registered
73 Posts
When is it coming out? And what is the aspect? Yea, I really liked Heston playing the head ape....very cool shil.

·
Registered
27,347 Posts
Yeah, when???

Jeff

·
Registered
535 Posts
First of all, I like very much Burton's films (you said fan?!)...usually.

But this one disappointed me sooo much (the trailer was very promising).

Planet of the apes is 2.35 . I really love this AR but Burton doesn't know how to use it. Action is always centered on the screen. He should have keeped its 1.85 AR.

I found the characters not attractive nor appealing at all, especially Mark Wahlberg (that beats it all for a Burton's flick).

I, for one was thinking that Burton didn't knew how to film action scenes, not its strong point. I found POTA to prove it very well-ckeck the battle.

The pin-up...well, she is very beautiful (to say the least:p), but what does she do in this movie...she is useful for nothing?? (except for fox's pi-up quota;) )

Even the Dany elfman's composition disappointed me a bit (I looove though what this man does)

The end...nop, no spoilers but it's ridiculous (just my opinion:) )

OTOH, I will say that the photography is still beautiful as usual for Burton's films and that the flick looks very very gorgeous (design,masks...)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I pre-ordered "Planet of the Apes" today, here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.