AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I be worried about running a decent 35' or 50' HDMI cable between my AVR (in an equipment closet I'm building) and the TV? It's a 65" Panasonic plasma, and I've heard reports of problems even with 35' HDMI runs where at 1080p there are shimmering pixels and other weird artifacts.

I'm thinking I probably need an HDMI extender device to amplify signal since I'm going over the 25' one is supposed to stay within for HDMI. I know that devices for HDMI over CAT5e/CAT6 exist but I worry about those. I know that wireless HDMI extenders also exist and I REALLY worry about those.

Any tips? thanks

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Contact monoprice.com technical support and ask them. They sell both regular cables and extended cable lengths with equalizers

·
Registered
401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu /forum/post/14238460

Contact monoprice.com technical support and ask them. They sell both regular cables and extended cable lengths with equalizers

I second this. Those guys know what they are doing, and you'll save some money over monster as well.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk11 /forum/post/14238564

I second this. Those guys know what they are doing, and you'll save some money over monster as well.

don't worry I'd never buy another monster product. Snake oil salesmen of A/V

1 - 4 of 4 Posts