Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post

I've been reading posts on AVS Forum for about a year now, slowly building basic knowledge of designing and building a home theater. This summer (september) we will be moving from a condo to our new house. Once settled in I (and my wife) will begin construction of a new room dedicated for home theater (6.1 digital + DLP projection). To do this we plan to extend our garage, which will give us a room about 4.5 (L) x 3 (W) x 2.5 (H) mtrs big. In front of the room, i plan to build a corridor of about 1 mtr (about 40 inch) along the width of the theater where the equipment will be, and which will also function as a sound buffer (double doors).

Width\t: 3 mtr = 9,84 ft = 118,11 inch

Length: 4.5 mtr = 13,12 ft = 177,17 inch (excl. equipment room, storage & entrance)

Height: 2.4 mtr = 6.56 ft = 98,42 inch (can be increased slightly if necessary)

Screen size: 2.5 mtrs = 96 inch (i think)

Are there any issues regarding the suggested room size? Should the room be longer/shorter, higher/lower?

I made a quick layout plan (in Word
) which is downloadable as a .zip.

There are few if any companies here in the Netherlands i can turn to for help on building my HT, so i'm relying on your combined knowledge to make this HT as good as it can be. I'd also like this to be a DIY-project as much as possible, from laying the first stone to programming the remote when everything is in place. Once we are in our final house, my website (currently not up) will be updated regularly to show progress.

Thanks,

DenW

theaterplan1.zip 4.69921875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???

I did a search on AVS and found rules for room dimension being:

a) 1x1.5x1.9

b) 1x1.14x1.39

c) 1x1.28x1.54

d) 1x1.6x2.33

However, i could not find what number is which length (LxWxH).

Which of these dimension rules would be most advisable to achieve great room acoustics?

Room width is set at 3 mtrs (excl. sound isolation). Length and Height may vary (as the room isn't built yet)!

Thanks,

DenW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.