AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. And I have to say this has to be the most informative site on the web for HT. I continue to be impressed with everyone's HT's, Media Rooms and general knowledge. I think all of you must be engineers or contractors (or both!) to put together such amazing rooms.

Anyway, I am slowly climbing up the HT learning curve and guess I am about two years away from taking a 20' x 13' room in our basement and turning it into a dedicated HT. (Still negotiating this with my wife, but just got the vote and support from my father-in-law and brother-in-law so that will help tremendously
).

So while I am putting together my plans, checklists, to-do lists, ect. I realize I have yet to plan for future changes in equipment and technology. Since, as soon as I have the HT completed it will be obsolete the next day
. Specifically, I am concerned about the re-running of new wires/cables for speakers, upgraded components and projectors with new inputs.

I was hoping some of you HT god's could share your knowledge (and pictures
) on the ways you found it best to handle this issue.

I appreciate all the help I can get. I need it.

Pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim /forum/post/12959125

Conduit. 2" minimum. Multiple runs ideal.

EDIT - welcome to the forum. Watch your wallet.

Thanks Pilgrim,

"Conduit" was the keyword I've been needing. I've been running searches under "upgrades", "future planning" and just wasnt finding what I was looking for. I see many posts now that will help. Seems quite simple now that I see it.

Thanks again and yes I am trying to watch the wallet, thus the two year (approximate hopefully sooner
) lead time.

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts