AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
First, spend no more than $300 or $400 on the receiver. You get more bang for your buck if you put money toward the speakers/sub instead of the electronics. Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, and Pioneer are all good models to look at.

For a sub, the Klipsch RW-12d is often on special at Newegg.com for $280-$300. Best sub for HT at that price, and it seems to be on sale about every other week. If you subscribe to their mailing list, you'll find out about their promos.

I like Ascend Acoustics. CMT-340 SE for the front left/right, a CMT-340 SE center, and then a pair of CBM-170 SE for the surrounds would set you back about $200 shipped. That leaves plenty for the sub and receiver.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1471947/planning-to-buy-new-ht-setup-pls-help-me-guys#post_23294613

I like Ascend Acoustics. CMT-340 SE for the front left/right, a CMT-340 SE center, and then a pair of CBM-170 SE for the surrounds would set you back about $200 shipped. That leaves plenty for the sub and receiver.

How much?

I think you forgot the 1 in front lol....$1200 for the speakers, 300 for the sub so that would leave him 4-500 for the receiver. Correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.