AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I recently bought this TV and I love it currently. I am planning on picking up a X-Rite Eye 1 meter and already have a DVD copy of DVE. This leads me to a couple of questions.

1.) If I am calibrating myself, I can obviously only calibrate the one source that I can use a calibration disc in, my Xbox 360. Is it frowned upon to just copy these settings for all the other sources?

2.) I've seen mentioned that ISF Calibrations calibrate per input device. How does one go about calibrating for a cable box, such as a SA 8300HDC, or a Tivo HD? As far as I can tell there's no way to feed calibration images into these devices.

3.) Finally, if I am calibrating my TV, should I not use the Xbox 360 DVD player? If it's a 1080p TV, now important is it that I use a 1080p source? Would it be better if I finally bit the bullet and bought a BluRay player and used the HD version of DVE for the source images?

If someone could shed some light on these questions I'd appreciate it. One other thing I was wondering is if I ended up going with an ISF calibration after hearing the answers to these questions, what is the typical cost of one for a TV of this type, with 4 input devices? It should also be noted that I've never done a calibration myself, and I'll be following a guide I found on curtpalme's forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry to post again so quickly but I forgot about one thing. I don't recall who the ISF Calibrator was I was looking at awhile back, but I recall him saying he installs a neutral density filter or something like that, is that something that is worth doing? And would it be worth the difference in cost to have an ISF Calibrator capable of doing that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.