AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new Plasma this holiday season. I want the best overall bang for the buck in 50-58". I would like to spend less than $1400.

I am new to Plasma. I have always had LCD. I like the idea of trying the new plasmas for DirectTV HD TV, Blu Ray, and XBOX 360 gaming.

My previous TV was a Samsung LNT5271F and I loved the picture.

I have always liked Sammy but have been looking at Panasonic as well. I do not care about 3D.

Thank you for the advice all.

·
Registered
923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantBEEMER /forum/post/19550035

I am looking at getting a new Plasma this holiday season. I want the best overall bang for the buck in 50-58". I would like to spend less than $1400.

I am new to Plasma. I have always had LCD. I like the idea of trying the new plasmas for DirectTV HD TV, Blu Ray, and XBOX 360 gaming.

My previous TV was a Samsung LNT5271F and I loved the picture.

I have always liked Sammy but have been looking at Panasonic as well. I do not care about 3D.

Thank you for the advice all.

Panasonic TC-P58S2 is avalable

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. consistent 'best banger' has been the LG 60pk550 (540 at Sam's); also, Samsung pn58c550 is a top contender granted you are fortunate to get one that does not 'buzz'; it also does real well with gaming, good internal processor .. also, high marks given in recent CR issue (fwiw).

add: another top of the line choice would be the Panasonic tcp54g25.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Panasonic TC-P50G25 is a great deal at $1059. To go 4-inches more, you'll have to pay $300 more. The other choices at that price range are the LG 50PK750, Samsung PN58C500, LG 50PK950, and Samsung PN50C6500. The 50-inch ones have better pq. Don't forget the special deals on Amazon.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
PN50C7000 would be my choice, the bundle packages are starting to run out at Samsung because they were holiday specials I hope they renew them with some other packages and maybe put the 7900 blu ray or a different 3d bundle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.