AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm having a lot of trouble determining what to put my black level setting on for my Panasonic Viera plasma. I know that light is ideal for virtually all television and film content. The problem I am running into is that I have the plasma connected via HDMI from my PC. I am aware that Nvidia cards put out a limited range over HDMI, or at least they used to. I used a manual method that was supposed to force full rgb range over HDMI. My question is, what is the best black level if the plasma is receiving a full RGB signal? I tried to watch a show on "dark" black level and it looked WAY oversaturated, but I mainly use the TV for gaming and it is hard for me to tell the difference for games. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryjoered  /t/1523168/plasma-black-level/0_100#post_24499578

I'm having a lot of trouble determining what to put my black level setting on for my Panasonic Viera plasma. I know that light is ideal for virtually all television and film content. The problem I am running into is that I have the plasma connected via HDMI from my PC. I am aware that Nvidia cards put out a limited range over HDMI, or at least they used to. I used a manual method that was supposed to force full rgb range over HDMI. My question is, what is the best black level if the plasma is receiving a full RGB signal? I tried to watch a show on "dark" black level and it looked WAY oversaturated, but I mainly use the TV for gaming and it is hard for me to tell the difference for games. Thanks in advance.

The dark setting should only be used if the source you are using looks washed out. With most normal content you should keep it at the default setting which is light.

Ian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts