AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed some burn-in on my Lg 42PG20. I use the white wash and inverter option and it seems to clear. How much should i white wash. will this cause color fade. i am pretty judicious about leaving the set on pause or trying not watch some stations with the less than opaque screen logo in the corner. is this a problem with the lg or is it just the nature of the beast. any plasma management advice would be greatly appreciated!

JT

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
If it goes away then it isn't burn-in. Burn-in and IR (image retention) aren't the same thing. One is very rare these days and permanent, and the other is temporary and nothing to freak out about.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
What you saw was Image Retention which is very temporarly, you dont need to run white wash just watch content and it clears up

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
By the way, I would recommend using the white wash sparingly, and as a last resort, since it can shorten the life of the display if used a lot.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonS /forum/post/15532582

By the way, I would recommend using the white wash sparingly, and as a last resort, since it can shorten the life of the display if used a lot.

It may shorten the power supply lifetime a lot but it should be insignificant with regards to luminence lifetime. Plasma displays use dynamic brightness control and thus using any white wash should not dramatically shorten lifespan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts