AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can tell, there are only 2 options left!

The LG 42PA4500 42"

or

The Samsung 43" Class 720P Plasma TV - PN43F4500BFXZA

I hesitate to just buy without knowing if there are any fallacies with these. I currently have a 57" Samsung Plasma that makes me BONKERS because during dark scenes, the black level will suddenly go lighter, and then darker, and it makes me insane. I found out this was an issue after I had already bought it. Ugh.

I am limited to 43" or less due to where it is going (in a custom wall closet thingy wife is putting in). I was told to decide on a TV today, so this should be simple as there are only 2 options. What should I do?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have no experience with any pro models, sorry. One thing about the pro models is that the parts may be better quality inside and a more stable operation, longer lasting monitor. And that's the key here it may be just a monitor so proceed with caution, it may not have a tuner or audio section. Getting it through amazon should be fine because they have a good return policy.

·
Banned
4,750 Posts
I had the F4500 for about a week before trading up to a Panny ST60 (I wasn't restricted to a 43 and I was able to find a ST60 for only $200 more). I thought it was a very nice TV for the price. I didn't notice any floating blacks when I had it. Not the best black level out there, no 3D and don't sit too close to it (the resolution is only 1024x768) but I can't think of anyone that makes a flagship 42 or 43 inch anyways. Panasonic 42S60 is probably the only plasma that was better and I doubt you'll find one of those. They were rare BEFORE being discontinued.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts