AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my Philip's Plasma TV for a few years, and I was using it, turned it off to prevent image retention and when I turned it on it started acting screwy. It would slowly load the display and the resulting images would be very dark and grainy. The image is slowly revealed by a webbed black could. The inputs do work, but the image is terrible. My settings are the same on the TV. I unplugged the inputs and the result is the same for the menu labels. Any idea what the situation could be caused by?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Unplug Tv from power for 5 minutes, then try again.

Provide full model number of Tv.

Post pictures of the screen with various content, with/without Tv menus osd.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
50pf7321D/37 is the model number. I have owned it for two years.

It still displays 1080i images over HDMI with the PS3.

The black webbing only occurs if it has been off for a while, after the first turn on it is just a bit delayed in bringing the picture up.

Changing the brightness setting just washes out the image.

The contrast setting does not change the picture much either way.

Unplugging did not help.

Sorry, camera is not good so the pictures do not show the exact grain, but you can see how dirty Google is. As you can see, the black webs dissipate more slowly from the left half of the TV.

Any light you can shed on this issue would be most appreciated. If I could just know what may be causing it, a possible remedy, need of replacement parts. I'm not doing to attempt repairs on my own, but it would be nice to know how long I would have to wait to have it returned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts