Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question:

This is a older Hitachi that is 1024x1024 but is a 16x9 display (perhaps someone can explain that in more detail?) and I want to get the best display from my HTPC which has a 7200LE card.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Vspec
Quick question:

This is a older Hitachi that is 1024x1024 but is a 16x9 display (perhaps someone can explain that in more detail?) and I want to get the best display from my HTPC which has a 7200LE card.
non-square pixels

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought.

So the best resolution would be 1024x1024 so that the plasma does not have to do pixel mapping?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yup, as close as you can get

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I suspect that the TV will do a better job of scaling standard resolutions to its resolution then your PC will do try to scale everything to the TVs resolutions. Just try both ways and pick the one you think does the best job of pixel mapping.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford
I suspect that the TV will do a better job of scaling standard resolutions to its resolution then your PC will do try to scale everything to the TVs resolutions. Just try both ways and pick the one you think does the best job of pixel mapping.

So you mean just try a basic 640x480 60Hz rez via the RGB input and the display will up it to the 1024x1024?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.