AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a floor stand for my NEC 42VP4 plasma. I want the kind without any shelves, just a post or column and the base. Have you seen anything like that? Nothing much out there besides the Samsung FS420/FS500 with a rectanglar base and a round post. Wonder if the Samsung will fit the NEC.

Then there are the Cobra, Plith, Peerless but they don't look quite good to me.

Various UK sites have the Pioneer and LG floor stand, they look pretty darn good. Only if I know they fit NEC and that they are not ultra expensive, 600+ pounds!

If you have seen any floor stand and know where to buy it, or know that it fits the NEC, please help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For what it's worth I would not think the Samsung FS420 would fit the NEC. A brick and morter/ custom installer told me they could get the Samsung stand and adapt it to any 42" plasma I wanted to choose on a custom basis but their retail on the plasmas was so high I did not investigate. Could you go to Circuit City and peek at the back of a Samsung? I was going to do this the other day but didn't get to it. I'm hoping it looks like a matter of just drilling some new holes in the stand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.