Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deal or scam?

Anyone heard of a company called Epsilon based in Switzerland? I got a junk email from them today claiming to be selling a Panasonic H42PWD5UY for less than 1k? They also have 50 & 61" models?

Their link -
http://epsilo.bcnweb.com/

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
barryb:

It sounds like one of the European outfits that runs scams on eBay. If they only accept Western Union payments, that's another clue. Maybe it's legit, but I don't see how they can sell a plasma below dealer cost, do you?;)

As always, caveat emptor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
barryb,

There are a couple of threads here detailing another scam which this sounds a lot like.

OT: are you the barryb who was at the TiVo Picnic?

Dan

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Moderators: I vote for a sticky... It will need updating time and again.... It lists price range for some current plasma models (and perhaps sizes broadly)... Very broad price ranges.

And it points out that prices far below those are almost certainly scams.

And it points out that not using a credit card -- especially with a foreign country -- can be dangerous.

And it hints at some of the telltale signs of scams.

And it should be called: Scam Alert / Caveat Emptor / Current Price Ranges or something like that.

I volunteer to do the first one if you'd like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did go ahead & click the order button, it took my name, address, phone, etc. (no credit card or financial info) & said your order has been sent to Epsilon. If they get in touch with me, I will post a follow up. It is most likely a scam.

Hemi: No I am not the BarryB at the TiVo Picnic.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's definitely, definitely a scam (IMO).

Just continue to use common sense and not emotional decision-making, and you'll do fine.

-THEO-

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It is not "most likely a scam". It is a scam. Period. End of discussion. no IMO qualifier needed. The only way you could do what they are doing is with stolen merchandise. Period.

That said, what they are doing is trying to steal your money. Period. They have no merchandise. Period.

I believe it's BareyB who is the Tivo guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.