AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find more info but there isn't much about this topic. Yes, I realize that running Blu-rays with frame interpolation makes it look like soap opera but my girlfriend and I have been at my buddy's house this week remodeling the basement (she's a int decorator). Anyways, so we've been watching a lot of Blu-rays on their new Sony Bravia 120hz LCD with frame interpolation turned on.

I must say my girlfriend REALLY likes it and I've gotten used to them. Some movies actually look better (Blackhawk Down on Blu-ray must be seen with Frame Interpolation).

Anyways, do any Plasmas offer this technology?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Some Panasonic models have IFC (Intelligent Frame Creation) and I think some Samsung plasma models have something similar. It does however seem more common on LCD screens than on plasma displays.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Smooth mode on the pioneers makes the movies look kinda soapy and vapory.

But advanced mode will be the best option for BD-rom at 72hz.

I will tell you, at first when I got my Samsung LNT5271F samsung 120 hz I LOVED the AMP and interpolation!!

I though it was the new cool thing with TV's. I had to have it!

But that "new" and "cool" feeling wore off after a while and now I absolutly hate it.

Experiencing movies on a top-notch plasma looks so much better. and the motion is silky smooth and doesnt look fake. It looks the way it was intended to look.

And no arifacts like vapors pouring off of the actors.

So BEWARE. That cool feeling of how interpolation adds artificial movement and makes motion look like it was filmed on a home video camera rather than an expensive movie camera might wear off faster than you think.

But I have to admit, it felt cool at first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts