AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a plasma guy ....just bought the panny 65st60. We'll we are converting our garage into a den and don't want to spend a lot of money on a tv. We would like something around 55" with netflix streaming capabilities( does your tv have to have an Ethernet port to stream....even if you do it through a blu-ray???) we have a plasma without Ethernet!! Is there a plasma or LED around 800-1k that has been well reviewed. The room will not get much sunlight at all.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
as long as the bd or tv has wifi, you don't need ethernet. if its the BD player, it uses the same video inputs you would for watch blurays.

honestly, if it's just going to be for 'normal' viewing, and no direct sunlight or super bright lighting, i'd look at the S60 from panasonic.

however, if it's never going to be viewed in the dark, then LED's biggest problem(super bad backlight uniformity) won't really be noticeable, so it won't be so bad either.

unfortunately i have no idea what value priced LED's are decent, as i do watch primarily in a dark room, and only local dimming sets would be usable for me.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am fixing to pull the plug on a Panasonic ZT. That said, for a den, casual viewing, in your price range, BIGGER IS BETTER!

Walmart has a 70" vision on sale on Black Friday for 998 or something like that.

If that is going to be your "fun" room, you know, have parties, WII, video games, "guy's mancave", kids go play in the den, poker night, pool table, ping pong table, darts, etc, I would do something like that visio for 1000 bucks.

Now if it is going to be your "home theater" room, that is a different story . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts