AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your TV height should be based on your seated eyeball height.

General consensus is that your eyes should be about 1/3 up from the bottom of the screen but some people prefer theirs a bit higher due to watching mostly reclined.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.......how about the speaker placement on the sides of my t.v. My tv is in the of my room which is 11ft wide

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The height of the t.v. is killing me.......cuz i hear and have been researching that the center channel should be at ear level....if that is so, then the t.v. will be too high, and then if the t.v. is at the right level then the center channel will be to low.....ah....my head is SPINNING!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I prefer mine low, so the center of the screen is level with the eyes when seated. This presented a problem when I was shopping for furniture because I wanted to put the center channel speaker below the screen, so I couldn't use the pedestal that came it; the speaker blocked the screen when both are on the same table top. I settled on the Salamander Designs Synergy System using a single height module and a mount to get the panel higher than the center channel speaker.

Has anyone thought about how movie theatres are designed? The first seats that get taken are usually half way up the stairs. I think most people naturally look toward the horizon and downward, not up at the sky. I think we evolved as hunters to scan the land for prey, not looking up at the sky for birds.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurovw89 /forum/post/18225058

The height of the t.v. is killing me.......cuz i hear and have been researching that the center channel should be at ear level....if that is so, then the t.v. will be too high, and then if the t.v. is at the right level then the center channel will be to low.....ah....my head is SPINNING!

Yes that is ideal. However, the only way to accomplish this is to have a projection setup with a transparent screen. Otherwise, it's one of the other. IMO, the TV is more important. You can place the center channel speaker above or below the TV and aim the tweeter to the ear level in the center of the viewing area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts