AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on installing an NEC 50MP2 in the apartment that I will be moving to. Originally I had planned on installing the display myself with a flush wall mount and building a low rise fascade to hide the cabling from the display to the floor. Because my HT and 2 channel audio system are in the same space I have to keep all of my componentry on a different wall than my speakers and display (speakers are open baffle, furniture between them would destroy imaging and soundstaging) - so cables would be running long distances. I was wondering if anyone in an apartment has had an istaller run cables through the walls and then repaired the holes when leaving. The complex I am moving to is pretty much new and would not want to run the risk of getting in trouble for making the holes. Of course it may be against fire code to run the cables within the wall space.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like you answered your own question.. check with your manager first.. loosing those hefty deposits can really put a hole in your wall-et. Sorry I couldn't resist..

Bryan

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
saxguy-

Maybe the easiest and least distructive approach would be to build a 'Faux' type hollow base board for your wire management to run around the room..

Just a thought.

Good Luck

Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.