AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to have my plasma mounted by someone who has far more experience than I do (which is basically none). Does anyone know of someone reputable in Monmouth County, NJ who can fix the mount to the wall and hang the display for me?

·
Registered
925 Posts
fwiw, saxguy, this is actually pretty hard stuff to screw up if you're mounting to a relatively standard (studs & drywall) wall.

all you need is a drill; a hammer and a finish nail or two (or a high-falutin stud-finder); and a level. and maybe a ratchet set.

there are only a few "risky" parts to the equation:

a) make sure the wall part of the mount is dead-level;

b) make sure your lag bolts get the stud dead-center and don't split it

c) lifting the damn thing onto the mount.

i did mine myself (with final lifting help from a friend).

now if you've got a cement wall to drill into; or your studs are not standard stuff (metal, oddly sized, etc.) then a pro might be helpful - you certainly don't want to end up with a PDP on the floor ;-)

good luck!

doody.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually I would have no problem tackling the job myself - but in this case I'm fairly sure the studs are metal - completely new territory for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is a Cedia certified installer in your area.

Monmouth Stereo

450 Broad Street (Route 35)

Shrewsbury, NJ 07702 USA

Phone (732) 842-6565

Fax (732) 842-3846

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I contacted Monmouth stereo and their installation rates are very reasonable compared to where I am in New York right now. Hopefully I will have the display by the middle to end of june and be up and running by july.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.