AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a New York City apartment that, like most, has plaster block and plaster walls-- no sheetrock and studs. I just bought the Pio 503CMX, which has the lighter acrylic panel, and I would like to ask if anyone has successfully wall mounted a plasma display with molys, etc. All the discussions refer to lag bolts and stud location.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
chewiit -

'Cruiser' posted in 'stud locations...' thread that he did not use studs. But he did use angle iron spread out over 30" span.

Good luck, Bruce

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am installing my 503CMX tomorrow -- I am wondering what people have done with the cables to get a completely clean look.

I think I can drop everything through the wall and then come out low and to the left near a chair and hide things?

If someone has run all the cables I count 8 cables --- (5) BNC Component; (1) Composite; (1) VGA 15pin; (1) DVI-D --

How big a hole do you think I need to make behind the 503CMX in the wall - should I use a small elbow of PVC to go in the hole?

Michael

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I ran all the cables from my Panny through a hole in the wall behind it, through the closet on the other side of that wall and then through the side wall of that closet into the converted bar that I have all my racked gear in.

I used a 1.5in hole saw and was careful to check first that I wasn't cutting where there was a stud or existing wiring or plumbing. If you want to be extra-elegant, there are several products the computer world uses to put a neat plastic edge around holes this size.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Spoffo:

thanks -- I did a circular cut at 2" -- which turned about to be more than I needed -- there is actually crawl / storage space behind the wood paneled wall I hung the monitor on

Michael

·
Registered
198 Posts
I actually have my entertainment "rack" right beside my Plasma and the cables come out right beside the Plasma and directly behind my rack, for a "no cable" look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.