AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the audio forum but anyway...

Just purchased a panny 5uy. I went to use my sony mdr-ds5100 wireless headphones for the first time with the new tv. To my shock there was interference. I sit about 9ft from the tv and the static caused by it is low but too annoying to ignore. The closer i walk to the tv the louder it gets.

Turn the tv off and the static disappears. Never had this issue with my crt tv. These headphones use IR. Anyone know why the plasma would interfere with these? Because of this i was forced to put these on ebay. I'm just boggled as to why this is occurring as i love the headphones.:confused:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
yeets:

Plasmas typically generate a higher IR level than other displays. Many people have commented that plasmas sometimes interefere with their IR remotes, making them more difficult to use.

I don't know if that's your problem, but it certainly sounds like it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Someone else on this forum had the same problem about a month ago.Not sure what the out come was?Do a search ir interference and maybe the other post will shed some light on the situation. BM

·
Registered
674 Posts
Damn, and I just asked for the MDR-DS5100 for xmas. That's problematic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.