AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was wathing TV and suddenly my 50" Philips Plasma (the one with full surround Ambilight) cracked its internal screen from top to bottom. This TV was manufactured on early 2007 and I've been using it since Septemper 2007, so no warranties anymore (either manufacturer, credit card or store). I'm not sure why this happened and if it worth fixing it. I just want your opinion if others have had a similar problem of having its plasma TV just crack while watching TV.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni_carvalho /forum/post/18276939

So yesterday I was wathing TV and suddenly my 50" Philips Plasma (the one with full surround Ambilight) cracked its internal screen from top to bottom. This TV was manufactured on early 2007 and I've been using it since Septemper 2007, so no warranties anymore (either manufacturer, credit card or store). I'm not sure why this happened and if it worth fixing it. I just want your opinion if others have had a similar problem of having its plasma TV just crack while watching TV.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about that. My guess is the cost of a new screen will be more than what you would pay for a brand new plasma tv.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Its not going to be cost effective for you to pay to have it repaired.

FWIW this seems to happen on occasion and even with a warranty, its a battle to get it repaired.The usual line they adopt is that it was owner damage that caused the panel to crack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts