AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm thinking of getting the Pioneer 4330HD. I'm thinking of having a long 27" high cabinet made with a lift for the set so that when it's not in use, it can disappear down into the cabinet. The reason for this is I have a front projection screen that rolls down to within 28" of the floor. So I need a cabinet that is lower than the bottom of the screen.

Here's what I've got so far. I have a DWIN CRT front projector and a Stewart tab tensioned screen. Since I do not have light control in the room, I'd like the plasma for daytime movie use. I have a Bohlender Graebner center channel speaker that's about 9" deep and about three feet wide. I plan on having the center channel set into the middle of the cabinet. The plasma would then raise and lower BEHIND the center channel. Off to each side would be shelves for the rest of my home theatre equipment. This way I can watch the plasma OR the CRT with the center channel in the correct position. The plasma will rise up into viewing position when I want to use it, and it will drop out of the way of the lowered Stewart screen when I want to watch the CRT! Pretty nifty huh?

So far I've gotten an estimate from Auton ( www.auton.com ) for a plasma lift. They want $2600!!! I know it's going to cost me for this set up, but I honestly think that's a whole bunch of money for this device. Does anyone have any ideas regarding an alternate solution or know of a less expensive lift method? Please, no hand cranking :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check out the Chief PLM-2100 Plasma Gas Cylinder Lift. www.chiefmfg.com

This should cost you less than half of what Auton is asking.

The catch is that Chief sells only through dealers. Find one who will work with you on price. I used Jeff Atchison of Dad's Toys at 888-323-7839 and found him quite reputable,

Chief makes a rugged product and are pretty nice to deal with once you hurdle the manufacturer-consumer barrier.

I use one for my 50" Panny and like it fine. However, although you won't have to use a handcrank, you will have to give it some elbowgrease assistance on the way up and it relies totally upon manual push to lower it.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, I'm at [email protected] .

Larry Racies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.