1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Panasonic TH-50PZ77U

·
Registered
497 Posts
The Panasonic TH-50PZ77U has a matt screen. However, its 'awesomeness' is under constant debate on this forum.

As far as I know, there are no other plasmas with a matt screen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does it perform better in well-lit living rooms than other plasma's? Or should I still be looking at LCD's?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a 50PZ77U and love it. I was going to buy a PZ700U but lighting was an issue. There is little difference. Yes, the PZ77U performs better in well-lit rooms. It is better than any LCD I demo'd. I had an open mind with no preconceived opinions as to the brand or model I was interested in. I bought what worked for me and at the price I wanted to pay. I love the PZ77U. It was exactly what I was looking for. A display that retained all of the benefits of a plasma, while having the added bonus of a matte screen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've got the 50pz77u and the picture is amazing. I'm thrilled with this tv. My dad has the 700u with the glossy screen. His picture was better out of the box than mine, but once I got my settings just right, mine looks just as good. This tv is quite honestly the best tv I've ever watched high definition football on!

Many of the people who post negative comments on this set either bought the 700u prior to the 77u coming out, or they haven't calibrated the picture properly. And still there are some who are use to the illusion of "pop" the glossy screened previous panny plasmas had on the eye and just aren't willing to give the new look a chance. The pz77u has twice the contrast of the 700u. The speakers are not as good as the 700u, enabling Panasonic to lower the price, but who buys a nice hd tv and uses the built-in speakers anyway?

Don't get me wrong, the 700u is an awesome set. Very, very nice. It's difficult to say which I prefer, because I really like both. You just need to decide for yourself which you like better. But at the end of the day, the 77u is one of the best sets out right now, and for the price, you can't go wrong with this purchase.

Check out this review on the 77u:

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages_b/2ofAKind.html

Quote:
"Panasonic’s TH-50PZ77U is a very nice plasma HDTV, perhaps the best one they’ve ever produced. It has amazingly low black levels, great color saturation, and once calibrated, produces a nice gamma curve and grayscale."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts