AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the FAQ section of this forum there is excellent material regarding the Panasonic and Pioneer plasma displays.

However I could not find the same regarding other manufactuers. What about Fijitsu, NEC, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Sony, Hitachi etc. Do these companies have cross over models like the above?

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Fijitsu rep at CEDIA said they did not offer "commercial crossover" models. Their commercial series was not HD compatible... hmmmm?

If true, it's too bad for the consumer since their 50" plasma was the best at the show for the price (Runco, Dwin and Faroudja all had external processor help, Dwin was bang for the buck in that market using Samsung glass). Their new 55" prototype at an estimated $15,000.00 MSRP was just a hair short of breath taking for a plasma. One of the engineers said they felt they have 25% headroom for improvement (you know all the specs that sorta stuff will hopefully equal even better pq) before coming to market.

Come on folks lets step up, if they exist, with those commercial - consumer cross over model numbers for the rest of the folks out there.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
The Fijitsu rep at CEDIA said they did not offer "commercial crossover" models. Their commercial series was not HD compatible... hmmmm?
Current Fujitsu Models:

42" ED - Consumer P42VHA20US = Commercial P42VCA21UH (Jan 03)

42" HD - Consumer P42HHA10WS = Commercial P42HCA11WH (Jan 03)

50" HD - Consumer P50XHA10US = Commercial P50XCA11UH (Dec 02 - Jan 03)

60" HD - Consumer PDS-6101

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks BruZZi for the info.

The picture was great on the consumer model displayed at CEDIA. Apparently the Fijitsu rep wanted to sell the more expensive consumer line.

However after visiting some other forums I have found that the Fijitsu does not display its full native rate. This is a concern since I was going to feed this unit with a scaler via DVI.

Is this rumor reality?

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mmiles
Thanks BruZZi for the info.

The picture was great on the consumer model displayed at CEDIA. Apparently the Fijitsu rep wanted to sell the more expensive consumer line.

However after visiting some other forums I have found that the Fijitsu does not display its full native rate. This is a concern since I was going to feed this unit with a scaler via DVI.

Is this rumor reality?

Regards,

Mike
Sorry mmiles,

I'm not familiar with Fujitsu Plasmas. Hopefully someone with the knowledge will chime in here to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.