AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am hooked on these 350mb hdtv.xvid.avi tv programs :) We've been watching them on this 15" laptop screen long enough and I want to put up a 42" plasma in the bedroom. I am hoping to get the panasonic 42pwd8uk EDTV. This monitor will display computer resolutions up to XGA (1024x768) in an uncompressed fashion and it will compress SXGA and UXGA signals but display them none the less.

Any suggestions for the best possible PQ? how will straight from laptop via VGA be do you think? what if I tried a vga-component tongle any better or worse? what would be the best bet? use my r9800 pro and dvi out? though honestly at 42" I think a strong analog signal could look very good and could give me the resolution flexibility I need to fill full screen. Anyhow, does anyone else here view their xvid hdtv/pdtv rips on a plasma monitor? if so, what hookup and resolution do you use/suggest?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
VGA connection is what you should use. Are you certain the display is 1024x768, and not 852x480? I have a Panny with the latter resolution, and it's great for DVDs/Xvid/Divx movies. You don't need the extra resolution offered by the HD-model, when viewing that content. Always use native resolution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.