AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What/where do you guys suggest for an articulating arm mount for a 42" Maxent? Any specific brands that you like to use that are universal? Also Im assuming I will need to block my wall for a "good" installation. Is that true?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I saw a nice mount at Futureshop the other day. Sorry I don't know the manufacturer, although I suspect it was Sanus.

It had two parts

a) a single, 4" tall, 1/2" thick, 3 hinged arm. So the unit could be extended about 1.25 feet out from the wall, back to the wall, or on a diagonal.

b) the wall mount part attaches to wood studs wherever they may be, and another part that mounts anywhere on that -- so you don't have to have your screen in the center of the joists.

The attachment at the plasma side looked a little like this
http://www.goodguys.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=253445

but the arm was different.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A few board members have had good luck with mountsandmore.com ,me included. I have a Peerless tilt wall mount and am very happy with it. Check em out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If an articulating mount is what your looking for check out vision mounts by Sanus.
https://www.sanus.com/cgi-bin/web_st...=8855931_15657

Also one of the cheapest places ($5 shipping) to purchase it on the web would be www.beachaudio.com . I've purchased 2 mounts from them with no problems and the best prices I've seen. I have both VMAAB and VMDDB both great mounts and will hold the TV you mentioned without any problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want to do anything more than tilt down, then Chief is the only way to go. As an installer we had problems with any other brands. The Chief is smooth and low Flex. The Sanus in particular bind and sag quite a bit.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsune
If you want to do anything more than tilt down, then Chief is the only way to go. As an installer we had problems with any other brands. The Chief is smooth and low Flex. The Sanus in particular bind and sag quite a bit.
Chief is definitively one of the best.

What do you think about Peerless and Premier Wallmounts ???

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.