AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my advantages/disadvantages over going Projection or Plasma?

I was considering the Plasma but want to know the advantage/disadvantage over the Projection since I can get a 60" Projection for cheaper than a 42" Plasma...

Also is there a GLARE on the Projection screens? My 32" Sony Trinitron glass CRT has a glare issue in my room

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Projection allows for a bigger picture, and needs a very dark room. Also, the images have a very different look.

------------------

Alex

·
Registered
848 Posts
Brian,

This is a very subjective question in terms of personal preference. I have a plasma set and far prefer it, but I know other people who feel just as strongly about projection sets. I would recommend going to a local dealer who displays the most screens (properly set up, hopefully) and doing a comparison. Alex is right--the images displayed by the two types of sets are pretty distinct.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Some say "Go Big, Or Go Home!"

Others say "Thin Is In!"

I say "You play, you pay."

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by billharris4:
Brian,

This is a very subjective question in terms of personal preference. I have a plasma set and far prefer it, but I know other people who feel just as strongly about projection sets. I would recommend going to a local dealer who displays the most screens (properly set up, hopefully) and doing a comparison. Alex is right--the images displayed by the two types of sets are pretty distinct.
Bill is exactly right...but I have just the opposite opinion. I do not like how a plasma looks(being able to see most of the pixels)and prefer the projection... but that is just my opinion. Follow Bills advise and get whats best for you.

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the viewable angle on Projection? Plasma is 160 degrees on average with no loss, how does the Projections rate? I can always remember the OLD projections where unless you were dead center looking at the TV, you always had fade off!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.