AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to thank Larry for design ideas for Den/home theater.

Behind the wall where I have hung my 50" plasma is a closet. I cut a hole in the closet below the plasma that I will finish to be 18.5" wide and 30" high. (Boxed the cut stud as I should) I plan to install shelves supported on the closet side. Again, thank you for this idea Larry.

My question is about wiring and doing it both properly and safely. Before I started reading threads here on AVS I was going to run all wires through a hole in the wall, but I now know thats no good! I think it is okay if I place an outlet behind the plasma, but then I will not be able to plug it into my surge protector. Is there a way to have the romex run in the wall and somehow come out of the wall with a plug that can plug into my surge protector? Any ideas? Also, I moved the outlet from the Den side of the wall and put it in the closet, so now there is about 11 linear feet (kind of around corners) with no outlet, okay or do I need to put the outlet back on the Den side? I was lucky the one outlet and the closet light are on its own circuit.

While I'm asking, what is the correct way to run the signal cables through the wall? Also, some speaker cables are run under the floor, what is the correct way to bring them through the floor in and out of the wall? I have run speaker wires that are CL3/FT4 rated. The only cable I ran that I'm not sure is for inwall is the woofer cable that runs about 6' under the floor, up and out of the wall.

Thanks for the help.

- Dan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.