AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so there is probably NO info on the 10G's yet but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I was strongly considering getting a 9G Pioneer but that little voice inside kept saying, "you know you will not be happy with the panel unless it can do a perfect black". Anyway, I bought a Vizio VP422 . It actually looks very good, I would say it lays right between my old Panasonic 42PX6U and the Pioneer 4280HD I had (though it is MUCH brighter than both of them)

Back to the new 10G's (assuming they will be coming out next June and the will be co-produced by Panasonic), will these actually be reasonably priced? Until these new displays come out I still consider flat panel tech inherently flawed, that is why I went with the VP422 in the mean time. Again, the same question, does anybody know anything about the 10G's yet?

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
I'm not sure if Pioneer will be able to claim this distinction for their next generation of PDPs, but what I do know is the 10G Pioneer plasma displays will include PDP glass, outsourced to Panasonic.

It remains to be seen if these 1st generation 'hybrid' Piosonic PDPs will achieve "plasma perfected" status.

·
Registered
950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity /forum/post/14308670

I'm not sure if Pioneer will be able to claim this distinction for their next generation of PDPs, but what I do know is the 10G Pioneer plasma displays will include PDP glass, outsourced to Panasonic.

It remains to be seen if these 1st generation 'hybrid' Piosonic PDPs will achieve "plasma perfected" status.

We have to come up with a new name!

Second name:

NeerSonic

Panoneer

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Quote:

I know many won't like these thoughts, but if I was a betting man I would be leaning toward a "questionable transition" year for the 10G. That's not to say Pioneer won't hit one out of the park in the first year of outsourcing glass, but to assume all the variables will come off without a hitch would be naive in my mind. It would seem simple logic that if there are going to be any problems, it will be this year.

·
Registered
76 Posts
the 10G Kuros will be perfection.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I asked this in a separate thread but it never got answered...Does anyone know if Pioneer plans on making a "wireless" plasma TV similar to Samsung's FP-T5894W?

I've read about Pioneer wanting to add value to using all Pioneer components and if they would integrate something like this into on of their AV receivers it could simplify a lot of installations.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbphan041 /forum/post/14310040

the 10G Kuros will be perfection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surap /forum/post/14308857

We have to come up with a new name!

Second name:

NeerSonic

Panoneer

imho, they should NOT claim perfection. may be on day one, the pq is great and may be NEAR perfect but what happens in a few months or a couple of years when one or more pixels die or get stuck. unless you are rich enough to replace the tv, you are staring at a pic that is xxxx but PIO (& others) say it is WITHIN SPECS.

so.... as long as they (all pixel based technologies) don't have a way to fix individual pixels (don't know if the industry is working on it or it is even possible in the next few years)....perfection should NOT be claimed.

i support the NEW NAME proposal.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:

Has anyone actually confirmed that 10Gs will have ECC infinite blacks?

If so, then I assume the blotching/dirty screen effect when there is a blank input will be taken care of?

I do have to admit that the total black after 20 seconds on the 9G with no input has my mouth watering for those pitch blacks!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes the 10th generation panels are purported to end world hunger and cure all diseases of those that are lucky enough to gaze upon its magnificence. Upon looking at the display Randy Walter's super spidey vision will increase 100 fold. He will now be able to read the headline of newspaper from space and will eagerly await the 18th generation 4k panel.

The panel will have dark levels so black it will suck al the light out of the room. In a panel shoot out at Value Electronics it will cause all the other displays to shatter. Vashti will immediately sell her 9th gen panel and go back to the sidelines after witnessing the event. She will also petition her co-op to allow her modify her apartment to better fit the new display. Auditor will claim it really is not that good, and something better is just around the corner.

Dnice will go stark raving mad as his cryptic secret announcements of future panels are no longer needed since perfection has been achieved. He will move to a cabin in Alaska and only watch Deadliest Catch in standard def. Some one will claim a Vizio is just as good. That person will be hunted down by KURO assassins and castrated. Optivity will continue to insinuate that the display really is a 1st generation 'hybrid' Piosonic. He will also suddenly start to speak in a high pitched voice. Chadmak will claim that even tough you have to wear headphones so as not to hear the it sounds like a million bee hives buzz, it is not that bad; as the pdp has 6 count em 6 head phone jacks.

I don't always drink beer but when I do

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Man you guys must want to get your hands on the 10G's.

The 9G's just came out and you are already looking to the next series, are you not happy with the 9G's.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur /forum/post/14310857

Yes the 10th generation panels are purported to end world hunger and cure all diseases of those that are lucky enough to gaze upon its magnificence. Upon looking at the display Randy Walter's super spidey vision will increase 100 fold. He will now be able to read the headline of newspaper from space and will eagerly await the 18th generation 4k panel.

The panel will have dark levels so black it will suck al the light out of the room. In a panel shoot out at Value Electronics it will cause all the other displays to shatter. Vashti will immediately sell her 9th gen panel and go back to the sidelines after witnessing the event. She will also petition her co-op to allow her modify her apartment to better fit the new display. Auditor will claim it really is not that good, and something better is just around the corner.

Dnice will go stark raving mad as his cryptic secret announcements of future panels are no longer needed since perfection has been achieved. He will move to a cabin in Alaska and only watch Deadliest Catch in standard def. Some one will claim a Vizio is just as good. That person will be hunted down by KURO assassins and castrated. Optivity will continue to insinuate that the display really is a 1st generation 'hybrid' Piosonic. He will also suddenly start to speak in a high pitched voice. Chadmak will claim that even tough you have to wear headphones so as not to hear the it sounds like a million bee hives buzz, it is not that bad; as the pdp has 6 count em 6 head phone jacks.

I don't always drink beer but when I do

This should be up for Post of the year honors.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision /forum/post/14310882

Man you guys must want to get your hands on the 10G's.

The 9G's just came out and you are already looking to the next series, are you not happy with the 9G's.

Don't get me wrong the 9G is the best picture I've ever seen and I am really blown away and happy about it even though it has some minor flaws (buzzing and blotching on an all black screen). It's just that 10G represents the next major step in plasma development and it's hard not to get excited about it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision /forum/post/14311029

This should be up for Post of the year honors.

Do they even have post of the year??? Good post spur. It was hilarious... AND dead on. Speaking of Auditor, I haven't seen him in awhile....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioBeer /forum/post/14311395

Don't get me wrong the 9G is the best picture I've ever seen and I am really blown away and happy about it even though it has some minor flaws (buzzing and blotching on an all black screen). It's just that 10G represents the next major step in plasma development and it's hard not to get excited about it.

I understand that I beleive me I am excited as well. I just want to know the real facts before I start to write of the 9G's.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Even if they do manage to get perfect' black levels with the 10G Pioneers, it's far from perfecting plasma technology.

There's a lot more to image quality than just contrast ratio, and even if they manage to get perfect' on/off CR, what about ANSI? I bet that won't be infinite, and could be improved upon in future displays.

One of the bigger issues with PDPs is the power limiters. As APL increases, the display actually gets dimmer. This is something that high end CRTs fixed and other display technologies such as LCD, DLP, LCoS do not suffer from. (funny how no-one seems to be willing to measure it)

There's still phosphor lag with the 9Gs and nothing to suggest that they will solve the problem with 10G. Image retention is probably never going away due to how they have to drive PDPs. They still flicker, unlike other display technologies. Pioneer still does a lousy job of cadence detection, particularly with PAL content, so that could be improved. The list goes on

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just to throw this out there for all already looking forward to the 10G's. What is your wish list for the 10G's abd do you thinks your wishws can be fulfilled?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts