AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just bought a Vizio 50. The picture is great when the show setting is outside. When the show is indoors (low light) there is a weird blurry background in lower light scenes of shows. It is kind of cloudy and pixelated. The foreground picture is perfect.....but the background is strange looking.

Anyone know what I am talking about.?

Thanks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I see this on my Toshiba, but not my Pioneer plasma. I blame it on two things.

Excessive MPEG compression,

and/or,

signal processing by the TV is not good enough to resolve the detail in dark scenes.

From what I have gathered, this may be called "creeping moss".

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMAC2 /forum/post/0

I Just bought a Vizio 50. The picture is great when the show setting is outside. When the show is indoors (low light) there is a weird blurry background in lower light scenes of shows. It is kind of cloudy and pixelated. The foreground picture is perfect.....but the background is strange looking.

What is your source? Antenna? Cable? Satellite?

And what kind of channels are you seeing this on - analog SD? digital SD? HD?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMAC2 /forum/post/0

My Source is Verizon Wios Digital Cable. The program is HD. Only during low light Scenes.

Is this normal for plasmas?

I don't see this at all on my 5071HD, but I am currently only using an oppo970 DVD player. Do you have a DVD player you can hook up to the set? If so, throw in a DVD and see if you see the same thing...if you don't its your cable source, if you do, its your set and may need some adjusting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.