AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to get the best configuration that we can, taking into account the room aesthetics and most importantly what works best for the Pioneer Kuro 600M.

The only place that made sense was to put the 600M on a TV stand against the wall right next to where a Double Window is.

So because of the double window, we have set up the 600M to the side of the window and have adjusted the Couch to sit in front of the TV.

The problem is that it's very off center in the room. In order to center the Display, we would have to move the Display into the double window area, where a small part of the Plasma would then be in front of the right window of the double window.

We have very thick blinds that do a really great job of keeping out the sunlight, so my question is:

When the blinds are open, will having some direct sunlight during the day on the back of the panel hurt the Plasma display over a period of time?

I would not run the TV during the day with the window blinds open and the sunlight coming in. I would close the blinds first before powering up the Panel.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpf /forum/post/16969626

.....In order to center the Display, we would have to move the Display into the double window area, where a small part of the Plasma would then be in front of the right window of the double window.

We have very thick blinds that do a really great job of keeping out the sunlight, so my question is:

When the blinds are open, will having some direct sunlight during the day on the back of the panel hurt the Plasma display over a period of time?

I would not run the TV during the day with the window blinds open and the sunlight coming in. I would close the blinds first before powering up the Panel.

My Plasma is in front of my large west-facing window and during the summer months the sun often shines directly onto the TV's rear panel while i'm watching sports car racing in the afternoon. It gets hot, but it's just the sheetmetal shell taking the hit and i've never been concerned about it or had any problems (my first two Plasmas each spent 2+ years there). Before that, i had a few Tube TVs in that location with huge plastic rear covers and the direct sunlight for hours on end wasn't a problem with them either (no melting or performance issues).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts