AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the Panny 6UY in the next few days and I was wondering about the power supply for it. Do you think it would be wise to invest in some sort of power regulator (other than simple surge protector/supressor) since it is such an expencive piece of electronics? If so could someone give me some recomendations on some to look into?

Thanks,

MM

·
Registered
411 Posts
Having lost a significant amount of audio/video equipment to lightning just prior to my plasma purchase I had some concern about future losses of the same nature. I bought a Tripplite product to handle my power issues because it was reasonably priced, provided protection for my antenna cable and came with $50,000 of insurance coverage.

I spent about $100 more with BPT to make me a new power cord for my panasonic plasma. I've now had it 25 months and it still produces a fantastic picture.

Some people are very pleased with their power conditioners but I've never been able to justify the expense for my use.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I installed a whole-house surge suppressor in my circuit breaker panel. I don't feel like I need anything beyond that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.