AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any educated guesses what plasma prices will be in 2 years? Unlike some people, I don't have the $ to spend $2500-3000 on a nice CRT RPTV only to replace it when Plasma becomes affordable. I would rather just wait 2 years for a Plasma and not be stuck with a huge RPTV. The main reason I want to get a new TV is to get a bigger screen than my 32", so I am not interested in a 42" plasma. I really want a 50". I am not looking for any definitive answers, just everyones opinion on how much Plasma will drop in price over the next 2 years.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
25% per year over each of the next two years. A current $7000 model will be

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! If that turns out to be true, I would like to buy a 50" in 2 years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
According to SamsungSDI, end of year 2005 their target retail price of 42"hd plasma is less than $2.000 and prediction of lcd tv's price (only when Samsung's new 7G plant yeild ratio is over 80%)are, 32" lcd tv is around $1.500 and 40"~42"lcd tv is $3.000.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
0crash... Cool stats from Samsung. Thanks.

Is there any place you've seen the stuff published that you can give a link to? Or is it just what you've heard?

I want to be clear that I'm not doubting you at all. In fact, those numbers make a lot of sense. I just want to know if there is any source material.

I wonder, also, if they'll offer an ED plasma at $1250-1500 with that HD plasma or if the economics just won't justify that at 42" anymore once more and more HD 42-inchers are built.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.