AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thanks to everybody that's contributing on this board. With all the information out there it's nigh impossible to make up ones mind, but after reading the forums for some time I feel confident that no matter what choice I make I'll be better off because of the time spent lurking here.

Thanks guys/gals!

Now to my dilemma.

My budget is in the $2500 range and until recently my choice was going to between either the Panasonic TH-50PX60U or the Samsung HP-S5073.

That was until this weekend. A friend of friend is looking to upgrade and is willing to let his 1-year old Pioneer Elite Pro-1130HD go for $2500.

Knowing what you know, if you put yourself in my shoes what direction would you go into? Would you rather go with a new Panni or Samsung, or would you take a gamble on used electronics and better PQ with the Pioneer?

I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braunkraut /forum/post/0

First of all thanks to everybody that's contributing on this board. With all the information out there it's nigh impossible to make up ones mind, but after reading the forums for some time I feel confident that no matter what choice I make I'll be better off because of the time spent lurking here.

Thanks guys/gals!

Now to my dilemma.

My budget is in the $2500 range and until recently my choice was going to between either the Panasonic TH-50PX60U or the Samsung HP-S5073.

That was until this weekend. A friend of friend is looking to upgrade and is willing to let his 1-year old Pioneer Elite Pro-1130HD go for $2500.

Knowing what you know, if you put yourself in my shoes what direction would you go into? Would you rather go with a new Panni or Samsung, or would you take a gamble on used electronics and better PQ with the Pioneer?

I appreciate your input.

The 1130HD is built off the 6th gen technology, right? If so, that seems a little high to me considering you can get a 5070HD in that price range online, (or close to that in store if you find the right people and can talk them down). To me, there are a lot of benefits with the 7th generation panels that are not on the 6th gen, (less reflections, new glass, more IR resistant, etc). Maybe you can look around on Craigs list or something and see what the 1130HD's are going for to get an idea of if it is a good deal or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.