AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feedback on Dad's Toys (Jeff seemed knowledgeable) for plasmas? I did a search in these forums and could find none. They get high marks on E-Bay and they offer great pricing, have a reasonable return policy and are authorized by Panasonic. I am jumping in on a 42" 6UY HD plasma. Thanks for all of the info on these forums regarding this and other topics.:)

PS: I am aware of the AVS sponsors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After reviewing all of the information on the forums over the last few weeks I bought the Pany 42" HD 6UY today from VisualApex. It was only a few bucks more than Dad's Toys and they are active with this group. (They spoke highly of the AVS Forum) They predicted 2-3 weeks delivery in the e-mail confirmation but also a worst case date of end of Feb. I'm OK with that--have lots of other infrastructure to plan for like mounting etc. Also bought the DVI card for a potential HTPC or DVI-out DVD player. Here we go! Thanks to all.:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Jeff is a VERY good seller. 3-years with the BBB with ZERO complaints against him and over 1,000 positive feedbacks on Ebay. You don't have to use Ebay to buy from him, he takes orders directly and takes all major credit cards.

He has been very helpful in my hunt for the elusive PWD6UY. He has returned ALL my emails VERY promptly and can be called directly. This is another benefit since larger companies take anywhere from 24-48 hrs to get back to you.

As of this morning he has my unit in and will ship it out ASAP:) He like any respectable seller will have a waiting list for the 6UY but his backorder list is a lot shorter than VA's and other larger vendors out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ordered 6UY with Jeff over the phone even before seeing this thread (did a search AFTER the purchase). Apparently I called just in time, as he said he was starting to call the folks on the waiting list. He has recently received 14 units; 11 were pre-ordered and I took one. So that leaves 2 units for those on the list or who call with cc.

I have been on Plasmaextrere's waiting list for about 3 weeks now, but bought from Jeff for the following reasons:

1. He has the unit IN STOCK NOW (#1 reason :)

2. He sounds knowledgeable about the products and current situation with Panasonic

3. Has good feedback on eBay

4. Takes cc directly (not through PayPal)

5. Answers the phone when his 800# is called

6. His price is reasonable (only a little higher than plasmaextreme)

He said the TV will be shipped from Seattle warehouse and I should receive mine by 2/4 or 2/5 through Seko (sp?) Freight. Finally, I can get this dang TV. Best luck to everyone.

Henry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.