AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a TV stand for my plasma.

I came across the the Bell'o Plasma Stand which looks real nice.
http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/sh...B0028&catid=59

It seems that it would fit my needs:

- Sturdy - It has to support a 42" Plasma

- Function - It has to have room for a DVD Player (4" H), Receiver (7" H), and Center Speaker (13" H), plus consoles.

- Style - It has to be black !

Does anyone have this stand? Or recommend an alternative?

Thx

P.S. Hope this is the right forum :) If not, please let me know where I should (re)post this question.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Michael, I have this stand for about a year and am very happy with it. I use it with a Pioneer 503-CMX (50"). It is certainly sturdy. You will need two people to deal with the box it comes in! Assembled, it is quite large and might even look a bit massive for a 42" display, but is probably OK.

As you know, there are 3 shelves, but watch the depth (it varies top to bottom) and height to make sure your center channel will fit some place. Mine was too deep for the top shelf, and just bareful fits in between shelves 1 and 2.

Good luck!

Alan

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ALAND

As you know, there are 3 shelves, but watch the depth (it varies top to bottom) and height to make sure your center channel will fit some place. Mine was too deep for the top shelf, and just bareful fits in between shelves 1 and 2.

Good luck!

[/b]
Alan

Thx for the tips!

Hmm, my center speaker is 25" x 12" x 10.5" (W x H x D.) I was thinking that I could raise the bottom rack up so that the speaker fits, since as you pointed out, the top is only 8" high. That should work, right?

What's the depth for the top shelf ?

I may run into an issue with weight, since the speaker is 46 LBs. The stand is rated for 50 LB but thats for all shelves total?!?

Cheers

·
Registered
579 Posts
I just purchased the Bello AVSC-2051MC for my 42" Panny plasma and happy with it. At 24" height, the center of the plasma is exactly at the eye level when sitting on a couch. This give you the best viewing experience with plasma. This stand also will allow me to upgrade to a 50" or bigger plasma in the future. The glass top is 52" wide. the two shelves allows you to put 4 A/V components with rooms to spare. I only use the top shelve for A/V equipments. I stack my slim Panasonic receiver and DVD plays together; next to the cable box. I have a large Infiniti Center speaker that I place on the center of the lower shelve with plenty of rooms left for DVD boxes, remotes & so on. The red cherry wood of the stand looks warmer than the cold black steel look of the Bello plasma stand but it does takes up more room.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, here are the dimensions from my actual unit. This differs slightly from the spec:

Top shelf: 11" deep

Middle shelf: 14" deep

Space between shelves: about 8 1/4"

If you have something higher than about 10", then the upper arm gets in the way of something on the top shelf, and limits you to 8" depth.

The shelves are not adjustable, only removable.

Given the height of your center channel, I'd recommend leaving out the top shelf and setting it on the middle shelf. You still would have the large bottom shelf for your DVD player and receiver.

Alan

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ALAND
Top shelf: 11" deep

Middle shelf: 14" deep

Space between shelves: about 8 1/4"

If you have something higher than about 10", then the upper arm gets in the way of something on the top shelf, and limits you to 8" depth.
Ack, I was hoping that upper arm wouldn't get in the way.

Quote:

Given the height of your center channel, I'd recommend leaving out the top shelf and setting it on the middle shelf. You still would have the large bottom shelf for your DVD player and receiver.
Doh! Was hoping to cram an XBox, and PS2 in there as well! Well, at least I got a while to see what other options I have. This one will remain my top pick until I find something better.

Thx for the specs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.